June 21, 2011

A "New" Morning!

Dunkin Donuts for breakfast! What a great way to start our summer in NYC!
We arrived in Corona, Queens last night around 10pm. Havilah and Ian have been such troopers on the trip! But, while we were waiting for someone to open the church for us, poor Hava had an accident while sitting on my lap. Then, about 5 min. later Ian's diaper leaked on the other side of my lap. Now, mommy's crabby. :) So, I started thinking about how God uses little things like this in our lives to strengthen our character and draw us closer to Himself. I was reminded last night that in everything, I want to become more like my precious Lord, who always takes care of me! I became excited about the little trials in my life! And, then I thought, "let's go to sleep, because God's mercies are new every morning!" :)

I was also able to enjoy a nice relaxing morning with the kids while Daniel was out doing street evangelism with Pastor Sawyer, and spend some extra time in prayer for him!

Maggy

3 comments:

Mom K said...

We`re praying for you all!!!!! It is amazing what God can do with Surrendered young people!!! God Bless YOU as you serve God! Love Mom K

chooverwi said...

Glad to hear you all arrived safely and that Havilah and Ian were such good travelers. We miss you already, but we are praying for great blessings as you serve Him in NYC this summer. What a cute story and great truth..."His mercies are new every morning." As I was reading in Job this morning, I was again amazed at Job's unshakable faith in God and God's GREAT faithfulness! (Job 23:10-12. We love you all...hurry back!

Maggy said...

Thanks for the encouragement! We miss you all too! Havilah wore her new dress last night. :)